AKRON, Ohio – Summa Well being has launched its 2016 group profit report, which provides an annual overview of the hospital system’s bills for providers, packages and expenses that immediately have an effect on the group.
The hospital system stories $one hundred.three million in group profit in 2016, up from $ninety five.9 million in 2015.
“At Summa, we use our unique guiding rules because the framework of our work in the present day and take delight in understanding we will enhance the lives of many individuals,’ stated Interim President and CEO Dr. Cliff Deveny in a information launch. “By means of robust group packages and partnerships with many organizations within the space, we’ll proceed to reinforce the well being of our whole area.”
From 2015 to 2016, Medicaid shortfalls have risen $6.6 million for the well being system, whereas its prices for medical schooling have dropped $eight.1 million. Prices for analysis and charity care each rose about $2 million from 2015. Group well being packages rose $1.three million and sponsored well being providers elevated about $800,000.
This is a break-down of Summa’s 2016 group profit:
- $10.1 million in conventional charity care
- $22.9 million in unpaid prices for Medicaid affected person
- $27.7 million for schooling;
- $6.eight million for analysis;
- $27.three million in sponsored well being providers, resembling traumatic stress, senior well being and dental care; and
- $5.5 million for group well being enchancment providers, packages and help.
A replica of the report is out there right here.
Need extra Akron information? Join cleveland.com’s Rubber Metropolis Every day, an e mail publication delivered at 5:30 a.m. Monday by means of Friday.