CLEVELAND, Ohio – The Hispanic inhabitants in Cleveland and Lorain is tied closely to Puerto Rico.
This is a By the Numbers take a look at the 2 cities, the Cleveland metro space and Ohio:
Complete Hispanic inhabitants
- Cleveland – forty one,022.
- Lorain – 17,743.
- Cleveland metro space – 107,023.
- Ohio – 390,970.
Notice: the metro space beneath the census definition consists of Cuyahoga, Geauga, Lake, Lorain and Medina counties.
- Cleveland – 10.5 %.
- Lorain – 27.eight %.
- Metro space – 5.2 %.
- Ohio – three.four %.
Puerto Rican origin (natives of Puerto Rico or ancestors from Puerto Rico)
- Cleveland – 30,240.
- Lorain – thirteen,812.
- Metro space – sixty three,408.
- Ohio – one hundred ten,348.
% of Hispanic who’re of Puerto Rican origin
- Cleveland – seventy three.7 %.
- Lorain – seventy seven.eight %.
- Metro space – fifty nine.2 %.
- Ohio – 28.2 %.
Born in Puerto Rico
- Cleveland – eleven,788 (three % of metropolis inhabitants).
- Lorain – four,668 (7.three % of metropolis inhabitants).
- Metro space – 21,112 (1 % of the metro-space inhabitants).
- Ohio – 33,720 (zero.three % of Ohio inhabitants).
Supply: U.S. Census Bureau, 2011-15 American Group Survey
See earlier Statistical Snapshots at this hyperlink.
Wealthy Exner, knowledge evaluation editor for cleveland.com, writes about numbers on quite a lot of subjects. Comply with on Twitter @RichExner.