KENT, Ohio – Kent State College’s success in attracting sensible college students, analysis dollars and philanthropic help have been highlighted at Wednesday’s board of trustees assembly.
Officers stated the college awarded a report 10,000 levels and certificates final faculty yr and noticed a 31 % improve in each analysis awards and philanthropic help.
The school’s freshman enrollment of four,362 on the primary campus exceeded four,000 for seven consecutive years.
This yr’s freshman class is the brightest in historical past, officers stated, with a mean three.four grade level common and common ACT rating of 23.2. Kent State provided almost 7 % extra in monetary help than final yr with no improve in tuition.
The college additionally highlighted its current rating on the Greatest Nationwide Universities listing by U.S. Information and World Report, “rising a powerful 12 spots to No. 176 and incomes a coveted spot on the primary-tier record,” officers stated in a press release. “This rating locations Kent State among the many prime one hundred public universities nationwide.”
Kent State’s fall 2017 enrollment for the eight-campus system is 39,367 college students, a decline of three.5 % from a yr in the past.
Almost seventy three % of the enrollment change might be attributed to a nationwide drop within the variety of worldwide college students attending American universities, officers stated. This fall 2,090 worldwide college students from 104 nations are enrolled.
In different motion the board:
- Awarded President Beverly Warren her full efficiency bonus of $ninety three,636, 20 % of her $468,one hundred eighty base wage.
- Accepted a $669 million fiscal yr price range, which offers assets to satisfy Kent State’s “College students First” dedication, with elevated investments in scholarships.
- Acknowledged proactive monetary administration that has resulted in $26.6 million in effectiveness and effectivity financial savings, with projected financial savings of roughly $sixteen.four million within the present fiscal yr.
- Discovered donors gave a report-setting $38.9 million in presents and new commitments – a 31 % improve over the prior yr.
- Have been advised exterior funding to help analysis elevated by 31 % this yr, totaling greater than $29 million.
- Accepted a profession providers payment of $6 per credit score hour on the primary campus and $three.60 per credit score hour at regional campuses to broaden alternatives for profession exploration and improvement for all undergraduate college students. The payment, which can start spring semester, is capped at 12 credit score hours per semester.