AKRON, Ohio – The official begin of winter may nonetheless be a few weeks away, however in the event you’re in search of enjoyable outside actions to do this winter, remember to take a look at Summit Metro Parks.
That includes sixteen parks and greater than 14,000 acres, Summit Metro Parks gives quite a few venues for these favourite winter pastimes, climate allowing.
Borrow snowshoes totally free (a signed waiver is required) from the Liberty Park Nature Middle, 9999 Liberty Rd., Twinsburg. Snowshoes can be utilized on Bluebird Path and have to be returned by four:forty five p.m. For availability and a listing of obtainable sizes, name the character middle at 330-487-0493.
“We began loaning out snowshoes final yr, nevertheless it wasn’t an amazing season for winter sports activities,” stated Summit Metro Parks Chief of Group Engagement Nathan Eppink. “However the snowshoes are one thing we hope individuals can benefit from this season.”
The metro parks presents lighted ice skating (deliver your personal skates) at three park places so long as ice is no less than 4 inches thick and indicators say the areas are open:
- Furnace Run Metro Park/Brushwood Lake, 4955 Townsend Rd., Richfield
- Gorge Metro Park/Most important Entrance, 1160 Entrance St., Cuyahoga Falls
- Sand Run Metro Park/Huge Bend, 1337 Merriman Rd., Akron
Gorge Metro Park may also supply ice skating and free skate rental on Dec. 30, Jan. thirteen and Feb. 10, climate allowing.
The metro parks presents seven hills for sledding, a number of of that are lighted:
- Cascade Valley Metro Park/Oxbow Space (lighted), 1061 Cuyahoga St., Akron
- Firestone Metro Park/Tuscarawas Meadows Space, 2620 Harrington Rd., Akron
- Firestone Metro Park/Warner Street Space, 200 E. Warner Rd., Akron
- Furnace Run Metro Park/Brushwood Space, 4955 Townsend Rd., Richfield
- Goodyear Heights Metro Park/Primary Entrance (lighted), 2077 Newton St., Akron
- Munroe Falls Metro Park/Lake Space (lighted), 521 S. River Rd., Munroe Falls
- Sand Run Metro Park/North Hawkins Space (lighted), 800 N. Hawkins Ave., Akron
“The Goodyear Heights sledding hill might be the most important, Eppink stated. “However I feel individuals could also be stunned by the sledding hill in Monroe Falls Metro Park, when circumstances permit, that hill is fairly good.”
When trails are coated by a minimum of two inches of snow, pack up your skis and check out one, or all, of those trails:
- Firestone Metro Park/Warner Street Space: Redwing Path, Strolling Course and Willow Path, 200 E. Warner Rd., Akron
- Furnace Run Metro Park/Brushwood Space: Rock Creek Path and midway…